[Jacob-list] Bats

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 6 21:03:19 EDT 2005

	Bats are great, except for earlier this week when there were two in my
bedroom.  I engaged in immediate Rational Bat Response: hide under
sheet and make husband deal with the first one, hide under a sheet and
wait for my amazing cat to catch the second one.
	The sheep are all plump on summer grass and make great company when
lazing about in the field.  The evenings here are getting cool so I
have to get the barn cleaned up and ready for hay - I wait for second
cut.  Somehow the days that I have been digging post holes for a new
paddock have been the most hot and sticky.  The pay off is that the
tomatoes are starting to ripen. Summer here is a glorious, if short,
season.

In bucolic heaven-
Gillian