[Jacob-list] Opinions on Pat Green Supercard?

BIDEWEE at aol.com BIDEWEE at aol.com
Sat Apr 30 20:18:12 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/30/2005 5:07:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
patchworkfibers at alltel.net writes:
I have an old PG motorized deluxe along with three interchangeable drums.  I
researched the Supercard and got to see one in action at SAFF a few years ago.
 It does a great job.  It's not terribly fast, but does card a nice batt in
fewer passes and motorized allows you to pick and feed at the same time.  The
adjustable speeds (actually adjustable ratios)  makes it more adaptable to
different blends and fibers.  I have to change drums when I change fibers/blends
on my old carder.  My neighbor recently purchased the PG Fancicard, which has
two ratios in contrast to the Supercard which has more (forget just how many)
ratios and the Fancicard doesn't have the third drum that the Supercard has.
I haven't been over to try it with Jacob, but it did a fantastic job on some
Border Leicester/silk blends she did.
Thanks Linda!
That's exactly the type of info I was looking for.  I actually called Pat
Green today and spoke with Paula Simmons about their brand new four drum Elsacard
which sounds incredible (larger and faster then the Supercard), but at $9500
(!!) it's out of my league.

Do you think a picker is necessary or is it easy enough to do it by hand
while feeding the fiber in?  A picker would probably speed the process up but I
live in fear of it shredding soft lamb fleeces and my fingers :o

Thanks again!
Karen

Our 2005 lambs have arrived! See them at: www.bideaweefarm.com/2005lambs.htm
bide a wee farm ~ registered Jacob & Navajo-Churro Sheep
19562 NE Calkins Lane, Newberg, OR 97132 ~ 503-538-7987
karen at bideaweefarm.com ~ www.bideaweefarm.com