[Jacob-list] Opinions on Pat Green Supercard?

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Apr 30 20:06:49 EDT 2005

I have an old PG motorized deluxe along with three interchangeable drums.  I researched the Supercard and got to see one in action at SAFF a few years ago.  It does a great job.  It's not terribly fast, but does card a nice batt in fewer passes and motorized allows you to pick and feed at the same time.  The adjustable speeds (actually adjustable ratios)  makes it more adaptable to different blends and fibers.  I have to change drums when I change fibers/blends on my old carder.  My neighbor recently purchased the PG Fancicard, which has two ratios in contrast to the Supercard which has more (forget just how many) ratios and the Fancicard doesn't have the third drum that the Supercard has.   I haven't been over to try it with Jacob, but it did a fantastic job on some Border Leicester/silk blends she did.

Linda
Visit our new babies!
http://www.patchworkfibers.com/2005lambs.html