[Jacob-list] Lamb not doing well

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Sat Apr 9 14:12:21 EDT 2005

Kelly, we recently had a lamb that was frozen to the ground. The most
important was to of coarse to make certain it got some of moms colostrum. Next, I
injected her with Lactated Ringers 5% dextrose sub- Q in two separate locations.
This is simply because it bubbles under the skin. A subnormal temp can cause
them to tremble. Also I'm certain her system is had a bit of a shock. I stuck
our ewe lamb that was lifeless in warm water raising the temp to where I could
just stand it on my hands. Probably close to 100 degrees for 30 minutes. Towel
dried her and kept her under a heat lamp. It was remarkable to feel her heart
rate quicken and her eyes open for the first time. This was all over about a
three hour time span.  We wish you the best.
Cheryl & Daisey
Rise "N" Shine Farm