[Jacob-list] Guardian dogs

Bill Thompson Emma at netins.net
Sun May 23 07:24:41 EDT 2004

I can't say enough good things about the Pyrs, even though in the 8 years I
have had my Emma, I do not feel I ever owned her.  She knows her job,
protects  our place with her life, and takes no "crap" from anyone.

I have a Llama in the pen with the sheep and the Pyrs takes care of
everything outside the fence.  She is gentle with the kittens, takes her dog
food dish to the river for the Canadian Geese when they have little ones,
and nips the neighbor's new pup in the hind end when he comes to close to
the barn, and she love to play with our grandchildren as long as she feels
they are not too rough with "each other".  She does not like hunters or
salesmen.  She will not let any strangers near the house when my husband or
93 year old father are not home.  I have to go out to their car, (if I want)
for them to be able to come to the house.

She does not like to be inside a dog house, goes to the barn or garage when
it rains, loves to stand out in the snow and as she has gotten older, only
comes in the house when it gets hot or the flies are too bad.

Treat the pup with respect, give them respect, don't be dissapointed if they
don't become a "pet",  DON'T let them jump on you, and be proud of the fact
that they allow you to live in their space.

Good luck, LouAnne in S.W. Iowa