[Jacob-list] wether horns

Victoria da Roza castlerockjacobs at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 18:16:31 EDT 2004

This is the first time I have made wethers and have a
question about the horns.  Both boys seem to have
horns that someone has been taking bites out of.  Is
this because no testosterone?  Is there something
lacking in their diets?  It is not at the point of the
horns but rather one third down.  The inside of the
horns seem dry and you can see the individual fibers
that the horn is made of???  Do they just have dry and
flaky horns after losing their manhood?  I thought I
heard that they would have horns more like ewes but
not this weak.  One of them is weened and one is just
about weened.

=====
Victoria
Castle Rock Farm