[Jacob-list] Sick Dog

CATE cate at centurytel.net
Tue Mar 23 11:04:27 EST 2004

Thank you all for the concern and info and advice.  My sick dog is now
terminal.

The vet kept Bear on fluids for a week trying to restart the kidneys - His
levels that should be 1.8 were over 10 and after a week of flushing is now
over 8 .   Result - the kidneys did not restart.

This morning I am going into town to get him and learn how to inject fluids
and how to allow his last days to be as comfortable as possible.  But I have
only a week to a month to have him here.

As a kind vet (Lia) from this forum stated (as my vet has said all along)
reason is impossible to determine and Sharpei's and Labs (he is a mix of the
two) make GREAT dogs but have tendency for this illness.

He loves his Jacobs and I will now have another reason for loving them -
because they accepted him and let him lay with them and always had those
sweet pellets for him.

Cate