[Jacob-list] Re: iodine

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Wed Mar 17 12:31:16 EST 2004

>Hoping you use a fresh batch of iodine for each lamb :).  Several
>bacteria
>can survive in iodine solution and pass from lamb to lamb in this medium
>causing
>disease via the cord.
>
>Trisha

I've not heard that before.  That's interesting.  I know it's different,
but dairy farmers use the same bottle of iodine for everyone's teats and
the thing they sell at Premier for iodine doesn't seem to indicate that it
would be used any differently.  Interesting.

Do you use veterinary iodine which is stronger than household?  I get mine
through Jeffers, which might be slightly cheaper than Pipestone.  They
have a website.  Last time I got the kind with a spray bottle attachment
with it, though haven't used it yet.

Kelley