[Jacob-list] stomped lambs

CARL FOSBRINK carlfosbrink at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 12:06:31 EST 2004

    Is there any possibility that the two lambs that were stomped the same night could have gotten into the wrong pens? If they did the mothers would butt them!
    Sorry to hear about your loss and hope the cause can be identified.
     Judy and I let our ewes lamb in the pasture and then put them in pens that are 4'x8' for 3 days. On the 2nd day we give the lambs a tetanus shot and dock their tails and we give the ewe a cd-t shot and panacur. The next day we turn them back out into the pasture.This works well for us.
      We have 10 ewes that have lambed now and 8 to go.

Carl & Judy