[Jacob-list] Sheepskin prep table salt vs livestock or hay salt

Kathryn Shirley humbug7 at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 5 14:48:51 EDT 2004

To tell you the truth, I've even accidentally used the iodized kind of salt with no ill affects.  The main problem, if you ask me, is price!  It is 25 cents a pound (or more).  The livestock salt is only ten cents a pound.

Makes a big difference (in money) when you are salting a lot of hides.

I do know the salt sense salt simply doesn't pull out enough moisture (another "oops").

Kate Shirley
Humbug Farm