[Jacob-list] Sheepskin prep

Purrfleece Farms pfarms at alltel.net
Mon Jul 5 10:34:18 EDT 2004

Arthur response is correct.  I have done my using a sheet of plywood
suspended on saw horses and covered with the heavy 10 mil plastic sheeting
used by construction companies. You can buy it at Lowe's or Home Depot.  The
also makes it easy to have a sheet to put over the top in the event of rain.
I bought some of the cheap spring clamps to hold the plastic down.  I also
had to put some fencing around it (used just 4 t-posts on the corners to
keep visiting dogs, coyotes away (in my case it was my Greyhound).

I have also put the unprocessed pelts in a bag in the freezer until I have
had the time to wash them and remove any remaining flesh or fat left by the
slaughter house (in my case, they are being paid to kill and process the
meat and return the pelt).
Good luck.

Rich