[Jacob-list] shepherds crook

Kathryn Shirley humbug7 at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 27 21:52:42 EST 2004

I used to have one of those old fashioned oak ones--about five feet long and
heck to use--and I'm almost six feet tall!

I then discovered the delightful ones from Premier.  Forgot the wood type,
but it is shorter (about four feet) and much lighter, and oh so strong.
I've even used it to whack a bull over the nose!

The four footer is long enough to lean on, open gates, shoo off sheep, grow
extra length to my arms when needed, and can even be used as, well, a crook.

I hook it under the neck (to avoid horns) and then lift up.  If you don't
lift up, the cagey jacob soon learns the duck and run technique for slipping
from the crook.