[Jacob-list] shepherds crook

Susan J Martin stonecroft235 at juno.com
Tue Jan 27 10:25:36 EST 2004

Regarding Penelope's question concerning shepherd's crooks......I bought
mine at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival some years ago.....however,
there are other sources.  Sheepman Supply at www.sheepman.com has a few
options.  Another source is Mid-States Livestock Supplies @
www.midstateswoolgrowers.com..... they have both metal & wooden crooks.
I have never really gotten good at using the crook for catching
sheep.........for me the shepherd's crook has been a means of self
defense.....a smack on the nose usually stops a ram with devilish
thoughts!   And, for that, an old broom stick works just as well.

Sue Martin
Stonecroft Manor
Lititz, PA