[Jacob-list] Ram lambs born last year-Late breeding season

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Sun Jan 25 10:34:57 EST 2004

As per Gary and Nancy Claver last message about more ram lambs being born
last breeding season. I can only speak for our little but growing flock. Last
year out of six ewe's, we had four ram lambs and 2 ewe's. All of my two legged
friends had more male babies. I am sure their is some scientific theory, but I
just stay simple, and say God decided to bless us this direction this year. It
does seem to be cyclic. Happy lambing!
I love to spend time in the field and watch sheep and lamb behavior. This
past year it seemed our ram was thrown off by the hot whether that lasted longer
than usual. Since he did not have a calendar to tell him that it was Fall, I
figured he just went off the weather. Don't know if this is true, but makes
sense to me. No lambs yet.
Cheryl  (  :
Rise "N" Shine Farm