[Jacob-list] lambs?

Purrfleece Farms pfarms at alltel.net
Sat Jan 24 08:30:48 EST 2004

Hi Mary Ellen,

I had twin Shetland lambs born about 6 am Monday morning. They were still wet when I found them and moved them into a jug. I lost one of the twins overnight that night.

Same day, came home from a community lunch and found that a Jacob lamb had arrived and he (yes, a ram) and mom are also in a jug.

We have rain due this weekend and I expect to see at least one more delivery.

Our lows have been in the 20s until this morning.  This morning-40 degrees with a projected 57 high.  My experience is that when the weather is the worst-ice storms, no power, high winds, etc., the Jacobs seem to deliver.  Two years ago, we had deliveries during an ice storm. I think it may have something to do with barometric pressure changes and the baby saying "let me out".

Rich
Purrfleece Farms
pfarms at alltel.net