[Jacob-list] pine needles safe?

kbarrett at oregontrail.net kbarrett at oregontrail.net
Tue Jan 20 13:23:23 EST 2004

I know that if pregnant cows eat a lot of pine needles this can cause
abortion...They generally won't eat the needles, but in the winter if they are
the most readily available food this could be a problem.  I am not sure if thie
is true of sheep or not, but since they are both ruminants I would think there
could be some concern.
Kate Barrett
Ruby Peak Jacobs