[Jacob-list] Jacob Info

ACAMDA at aol.com ACAMDA at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 15:00:47 EST 2004

As part of my master's program, I am taking a class in rural preservation.
As part of THAT class, I am required to write a 15 page paper on something that
is being lost in our rural heritage.  Needless to say, I have a yard full of
inspiration!

I need your help in finding references for my paper.  I seem to remember
someone mentioned a book about Jacobs that had been written, but I would also like
opinions, or information on why Jacobs never became commercially viable, how
many flocks/animals are registered, and why you think Jacobs are the best
breed around. Have their maybe been articles in sheep magazines?  (I'm looking for
any and all kinds of inspiration, since I can't imagine writing 15 pages
after being our of school for 20 years!)

I plan to contact the ALBC and JSBA also.  Anyone else you can think of?

Thank you VERY much.  Jacob folks are the best.

Kathey Williamson
Sweet Georgia Valley Farm
Athens, GA