[Jacob-list] trimming horns

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Fri Jan 16 14:34:35 EST 2004

I do only trim horns when they are either growing too close to the animal
or when they are possible danger to me or other animals (as in the
occasional unicorn).  And, I do check for warmth but have found that to
not be 100% accurate.  I got the feeling, Mary, that you were envisioning
me topping off the whole horn, which I don't do (gosh, just the inch or so
I take off RARELY wears me out!!).  I also keep my wethers as I love their
personalities and they have very nice fleeces.  I don't eat meat, so I
have no reason to have one for the table nor do I have a desire to market
meat sheep.  Just my preferences.

Take care,
Kelley