[Jacob-list] Tails

marguerite e vanbeek pegaleg2 at juno.com
Fri Jan 16 11:11:52 EST 2004

There is so much more to a Jacob than tails.  We all don't have perfect
sheep we all breed to obtain what we think is the perfect sheep to us,
our "ideal".   Each Jacob breeder's flock are very similar in height
coloring,
fleece, etc.  this I found out when I went searching for "my" ideal
Jacob.     That is what breeding is about, of course you have to stay
within perimeter of the "ideal" Jacob but I wouldn't cull anything if I
wasn't  absolutely sure that his or her genes were unacceptable.
Breeding horses for 20+ years I have seen near perfect  foals out of the
most homely looking mare and vs versa.

One thing about this site you do get alot of information, help and
insight.  As a new breeder I enjoy hearing
from everyone, this is good.  Now let's talk about lambing in cold very
cold weather any suggestions. I put my rams in with their ewes August
15th so I am expecting some shortly.

Also is anyone going to attend the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.  We
need attendees.  Come on, it
is fun.  You don't have to bring a whole flock.  If you are can't be
there the entire weekend they will always
be someone there to feed and help.  Please think about it, we do need
players so we can continue to play.

Peggy