[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Penelope pcj at efn.org
Thu Jan 15 14:30:36 EST 2004

At 22:46 1/15/2004, Susan J Martin wrote:

>Please forgive me for chuckling ~ some of the present discussion
>regarding tail docking reminds of similar discussions I have heard
>regarding the pro's and con's for circumcision!!!!

I've thought of that one too.  Before my daughter was born, three plus
years ago, when we didn't know her gender, family members asked about
circumsision.  Our response was that we didn't dehorn our goats.  We didn't
dock our sheep tails.  Why would we cut off part of our child.  Family
members weren't pleased.  :-)  Ah well.  Mind you, we wouldn't have docked
her tail, or removed her horns either, but she arrived without any in
evidence, so the question was moot.

Penelope Jacob pcj at efn.org
parent, doula, farmer, birth & breastfeeding activist.
***War doesn't decide who is right. Only who's left.***
Attachment parenting and planning to homeschool
a busy, spirited, nursing, opinionated toddler.