[Jacob-list] JSBA registrations (was JSC ?)

rlynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Wed Jan 7 13:18:29 EST 2004

To JSBA members:
I'm getting in on the tail end of this discussion, because I'm so busy right
now I can barely skim the messages. As JSBA Registrar I want to clarify what
is going on with the JSBA certificates. We started working with the new
database in October. Knowing it was coming I didn't enter some of
September's registrations in the old DB. It took 5-6 weeks of
mailing/e-mailing among the Technology Committee members and Board to settle
on the look we wanted for the registration certificate.  That brings us into
late October/November. The software producer (Donna) implemented those
changes, but due to various glitches in hardware, software, internet
servers, etc it was taking forever. I kept thinking that "next week" I'll
have the final version that will actually run and then will actually print
on my computer. When the last JSBA newsletter came out I honestly thought
that I'd be getting the certificates out at the same time. (I have all the
envelopes addressed, etc) But mostly I was waiting on the software. Donna
said she'd have the last fix to me last week, but I haven't pursued it this
last couple of weeks because there are other annoying things to deal
with...like Christmas shopping...kids, elderly mom, barn cleaning, storm
waters, etc. I have a gallery show (weaving) to set up tonight, the opening
is Friday. We'll be shearing Sat/Sun. After that my life is free again! I
have e-mailed Donna and asked her to have the latest (and last) fix to me
this weekend. Then JSBA will take priority until I'm caught up. Until the
software changeover I was keeping up fairly well and I'll try to do that
again.