[Jacob-list] tags and tracking

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Jan 7 10:31:34 EST 2004

I doubt it, too.  Just passing on something I happened across.  That particular goat
list is just for Georgia.  Georgia DA standards do say, in regard to scrapie, that

>the state veterinarian reserves the option of applying rules that may exceed
>the
>minimum set forth in the Program Standards. (program standards referring to the fed
regs)

When I had the state vet out, he told me that he would not want to accept some
things that the federal government would permit - such as loaning rams.  I assume
that is where the goat people got the idea that you could not bring in males from
unenrolled programs.  I didn't enroll in the program at that time, so I don't really
know if the state vet was, in fact, applying rules that exceeded the minimum.  I
think we have a new state vet now.

Linda