[Jacob-list] tags and tracking

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 7 11:13:25 EST 2004

I originally enrolled in the volunteer scrapie program and was told I
could borrow or bring in new rams without affecting my status. A year
later, our state vet informed me that I could not bring in rams without
affecting my status. I only run a couple dozen ewes, so rather than
remain at year one forever, I switched my livestock to the mandatory
scrapie program. I've never seen any information other than the federal
guidelines, so, I was confused about the "new" ram regulations. Maybe
there are individual state rules as well.
Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre
Oakland, Oregon