[Jacob-list] LAMBS 2004

marguerite e vanbeek pegaleg2 at juno.com
Wed Feb 4 13:17:35 EST 2004

So far we have had four lambs born 2 ewes 2 rams.

ewe by Brink May Ohm out of Jacob Ladder Heidi
ewe by Stonehedge Elijah out of Brink May Domino
ram by Bideawee Noel out of Brink May Haley
ram by Brin May Ohm out of Humbug Juniper

Now you will notice that they are all singles :( but healthy :).   They
are also very large at birth.  The ram lambs had horn patches.  Over
cooked.  Haley first timer was actually screaming in pain.  The others
never
made a sound other than a shallow grunt but Haley was very vocal.  Scared
me at first but then I noticed
the ram was in the proper position just was a little large.  Whew!!! All
was well in minutes. I have been waiting on Zoey another first timer but
smaller ewe for days to deliver.  She has had a full bag for three days
My daughter has stayed home from school just to make sure if she does
deliver someone is there.  I figured
they were all due weeks ago but held off due to the weather.  I have a
question for you all, Heidi is a four
horn ewe and I have tried to put her in with Juniper and her ram lamb but
she constantly spears the ram lamb
when he gets close.  Has anyone had this problem?

Peggy