[Jacob-list] lambs, etc

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 3 07:33:02 EST 2004

	Ram lambs don't get their testicles for a while.  I would think that
early banding would lead to missing an undropped testicle.  Also, what
if you have a total stud-muffin who you might want to sell or breed?  I
am relatively new to all this so I would also see what others say.
	I am in the long tail camp and my position there is motivated by
having as low maintenance a flock as possible.
	I am also feeling calm and confident because  my lambs are still in
mamas' tummies.  We'll see how I do when they arrive, especially after
losing twins and mom last spring.
	Barn door was frozen this AM.  Saw a gorgeous shooting star as I was
swearing to myself.  Barn door opened and I was able to enjoy chores in
the starlight.

Gillian