[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Donnangelo,Nicholas C. ncd at mitre.org
Thu Dec 9 13:06:11 EST 2004

My wife and I have a small flock of one breeding group so we generally
separate the ram from the ewes in September (we are in northern
Virginia) and keep the ram with the ewes until lambing when we remove
him again for a month or so.   Anyway our ram - who is now running with
the ewes has become increasingly destructive; butting our run in shed
until one of the 4x4 uprights was actually broken and the structure near
collapse.  I repaired that and now he knocked a hole in the plywood wall
of the shed.  There is no sign of aggression to any of the other Jacobs,
or two full size donkey's we run with them (although he will take hay
from the donkey's at will; they'll pin their ears at him but he is
clearly top dog), or with us.  Horses will get into trouble if they are
bored...  has anyone else had this problem?  recommendations?  Thanks
Nick