[Jacob-list] Lamb nursing?

fayg at mebtel.net fayg at mebtel.net
Fri Apr 2 11:29:15 EST 2004

all,

I used to give two shots of NutriDrench at birth, and milk a teat. Now I don't
even do that, just watch and do a checksum every morning and evening, watch for
active movement and slowdowns or speedups.

If they are running around, especially after 2-3 days, they are most likely
feeding. If they are getting more coordinated, they would just about have to be
feeding to keep up. If a new born isn't getting stronger and faster every 4-7
hours then I would start to be concerned and would try the above.

Gary

Quoting ACAMDA at aol.com: