[Jacob-list] Fly strike revisited

Hobsickle at aol.com Hobsickle at aol.com
Tue Sep 16 19:52:58 EDT 2003

Last July Penelope reported that she was having a fly strike problem and the
she had used  melaluca oil ("Tea Tree oil") with great success.  I am
currently dealing with a fly strike problem and the melaluca oil is again working
wonderfully.  One of my rams had broken his top horns down to about 1.5" diameter
last winter--no fly problem then, here in Michigan.  Recently he re-damaged
one of the broken horns and 'wham-o' maggots galore.  One application of Tea
Tree oil and all of the maggots where gone and no more eggs had been lain.  (Of
course I will continue to treat until the horn is healed over to prevent
reinfestation.)