[Jacob-list] (no subject)

marguerite vanbeek pegvanbeek at msn.com
Fri Oct 24 10:08:15 EDT 2003

Sue

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I am just learning the sheep language (I am new to them) but
when I am down at the barn with my horses, I can walk in and know
immediately someone is just not feeling right. Now,
this only works if you are the caretaker and do all the chores.  If you have
someone else do the work
it just might be a little harder to impossible.

Peggy

>From: Susan J Martin <stonecroft235 at juno.com>
>To: jacob-list at jacobsheep.com
>Subject: [Jacob-list] (no subject)
>Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:19:14 -0400
>
>"Mark Feinstein of Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts, said his
>findings could help farmers...."   ~~  now isn't that just a hoot!!!  A
>bunch of academics from Amherst suggesting that their findings could help
>farmers!!!! ~~ Any farmer worth his grit already knows and understands
>the communications of his animals...........and farmers have listened to
>and understood their animals since the Garden of Eden!!   Perhaps if some
>academics would drop their assumed premise that farmers are dumb
>"hayseeds" they could address really monumental agricultural issues!!!
>
>(Sorry, just had to get that off my chest!  But really, doesn't everyone
>who has been around animals learn their language -- I mean my dog tells
>me all kinds of things with the timbre of her voice, so does the cat --
>even my little red hens have all kinds of ways of saying things like "I
>just layed a really nice egg and want everyone to know" to "I'm a little
>concerned about that hawk overhead", to "Hey, everyone, just found a
>bunch of grubs!!")
>
>Uh, oh, I can hear my sheep calling to me now -- if I could just get Mark
>on the phone perhaps he could interpret......
>
>Sue Martin
>Stonecroft

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected?  Get a FREE computer virus scan
online from McAfee.