[Jacob-list] sheep speak

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 10:37:05 EDT 2003

Hi all,

How many of you have called the vet trying to explain
what is wrong with your sheep by saying, "so-and-so is
just not acting right", or some such.

Have you ever been close enough to hear them talk when
they are frightened of a dog and bunching up?  If you
are 20 feet away, you won't hear a THING.

Have you ever tried to slip a treat to one and not
have that one BLAB it to every other sheep in the
vicinity?.....

Watch them with a new cat on the place...or an old
favorite they want to chase around the field a time or
two....

Watch them with my LGD.  When there has been trouble,
these headstrong, irrascible sheep WILL be in a tight
circle when I get up of a morning and not trying to
get out at all.

I once had a stats teacher from Scotland who was
convinced that the only creatures on earth with
language were people...swore up and down that animals
do not communicate with us or with their own kind.  I
rapidly concluded he might know something about stats,
but he was a lost soul in many avenues....Then again,
he was a stats professor teaching master's level
students.  There IS something wrong with that picture
:o).

Mary Ellen

=====
Mary Ellen Hansson, MEd, RD, LDN