[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stonecroft235 at juno.com
Thu Oct 23 05:19:14 EDT 2003

"Mark Feinstein of Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts, said his
findings could help farmers...."   ~~  now isn't that just a hoot!!!  A
bunch of academics from Amherst suggesting that their findings could help
farmers!!!! ~~ Any farmer worth his grit already knows and understands
the communications of his animals...........and farmers have listened to
and understood their animals since the Garden of Eden!!   Perhaps if some
academics would drop their assumed premise that farmers are dumb
"hayseeds" they could address really monumental agricultural issues!!!

(Sorry, just had to get that off my chest!  But really, doesn't everyone
who has been around animals learn their language -- I mean my dog tells
me all kinds of things with the timbre of her voice, so does the cat --
even my little red hens have all kinds of ways of saying things like "I
just layed a really nice egg and want everyone to know" to "I'm a little
concerned about that hawk overhead", to "Hey, everyone, just found a
bunch of grubs!!")

Uh, oh, I can hear my sheep calling to me now -- if I could just get Mark
on the phone perhaps he could interpret......

Sue Martin
Stonecroft