[Jacob-list] Re: Jacob-list digest, Vol 1 #702 - 9 msgs

rlynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Fri Oct 17 15:46:22 EDT 2003

.
> It's just that after 4 months only one of them will so much as let me
> touch her and that's only when I have food . They do greet me when I
> show up but always stay just out of reach .

That's the way a lot of mine are. They will crowd around the grain bucket
(or hay, when it's winter hay-feeding time), but if I try to grab them
that's another story. That's why small spaces are good. Some of them are
tame enough to just walk up to and handle or halter, but those are mostly
ones who were handled a lot as lambs. Take them to a few fairs or other
outings and halter them and let people handle them. Then they remember.
Robin Lynde