[Jacob-list] birthing

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 13:13:19 EST 2003

Hi,

I was told a similar "old wive's tale" when I started.  SO>>>>>I clocked every birth for the first 50 or so births at my farm......had births evenly distributed around the clock.  Talked with others who on a much more informal basis found that if they fed in the afternoon, they had morning deliveries.  Talked to others who fed in the morning who had morning deliveries.....  Also spent time talking about actual births and wound up noting that these births "come to think of it" weren't at the presumed time after all........  Bottom line, there is no real accuracy to these tales.

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Hansson, MEd, RD, LDN
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Lambs, adults, wool