[Jacob-list] rug felting

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 12 11:48:17 EST 2003

I think you explained the process really well.
I use a large bamboo shade to felt on. No microwave. I was taught, hot
water and natural soap, not detergent, such as fells naptha or White
King (for baby diapers). With the bamboo mat, I felt outside on the
deck, grass, or picnic table. I finish rinsing with cold water, to
shock and finish felting the wool. I have also dried the finished rug
in the dryer. Using the dryer gives a textured finish to the rug, it
will not be a smooth felt.
Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre Farm
Oakland, Oregon