[Jacob-list] beyond tails - natural lambing dates

gordon johnston gordon at westergladstone.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 13:29:51 EST 2003

As a continuation of the tail measuring saga, can anyone help David with this please ? Juliet

<<<..you mentioned very early lambing dates for Jacob sheep. If
one leaves the ram in with the ewes, when is the usual lambing date?
This provides an indication of the natural oestrous cycle of the ewes
and is yet another item of information I would be interested in (see the
Lambing & Latitude section in my book, pp232-235). (The Black Sheep of Windermere)
David Kinsman >>>