[Jacob-list] Using corn husks for bedding

Bill Thompson Emma at netins.net
Sun Nov 9 13:32:42 EST 2003

Hello to you all,
Due to the draught in the Midwest, there is a shortage of hay and straw this
year.  I think I have enough hay, even though I had to start using it in
late Sept.(no pasture left).  I am wondering if I can use "corn husks" for
bedding.  Has anyone done this?  The corn crop is non existent, but the
farmers are baling the chaft for cattle.  I thought I could "glean" the
fields next to me and maybe use that. An enquiring mind wants to know.

Lou Anne in S.W. Iowa
Busy felting wool rugs for the bedroom since I took up the old carpet.