[Jacob-list] Preparing horns

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Tue May 27 09:43:24 EDT 2003

I set out on my first adventure of preparing hides and horns. Many of you
responded.  Thank you very much. I found something on the web for additional
preparation of horns, which I tried. I boiled the horns in a 5% bleach solution
covering the horns with water. Boil only thirty minutes. That seems to really
clean them up without deteriorating them. I have taken them and fastened them to
a tree with wire, in case the wild critters are tempted by the smell. Now
it's the bugs turn to finish the rest of the process.
Thanks to all,
Cheryl  (  :
Rise 'N" Shine