[Jacob-list] Edit for last nights post

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Tue May 13 09:32:25 EDT 2003

Hi list,

After looking back at my posting last night, I really should have cleaned up some of my phrasing and syntax. Too late. However, there is a glaring mistake that I should clear up for the sake of accuracy and pure anal retentiveness. Where I said:

"The most heritable trait is usually 'stature', with heritability in the range of 0.45. In other words, 45% of the trait reflects the genetics of each parent, and 10% is left for environment and chaos."

I should have said :" In other words, 45% of the trait reflects THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN INDIVIDUALS THAT IS DUE TO the genetics of each parent, and 10% is left for environment and chaos."

And later: "...have lower heritability, 0.10 to 0.30. In these cases genetics account for only about one-half of  THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN INDIVIDUALS in observed expression."

Thank you for putting up with me.

Neal Grose