[Jacob-list] Re: Polio in sheep

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Thu May 1 18:01:20 EDT 2003

Fred,
I don't think I was really clear on my trailering question.  I've never
had any trouble moving my sheep until this vet moved them.  He put in a
bunch of alfalfa-mix stuff for them to munch on and had that to feed them
when they arrived.  They had never been on alfalfa before.  He also moved
them during a big snow storm.  Two of my girls stopped eating and started
showing signs of the sheep polio (blindness, bumping into things,
"stargazing").  I almost lost one of them and had of had I left her in his
care.  He has been going around blaming it on me that two of them got
sick.  I'm looking for the information that would prove otherwise.  As I
said, I had never had any trouble with any of them any of the MANY times
that I have moved them (short and long distances).

I have seen those two books that you mentioned.  Do they talk about the
polio in them?
Thanks,
Kelley