[Jacob-list] Chocolate Lilacs--Purity?

ranchrat at telusplanet.net ranchrat at telusplanet.net
Thu May 1 16:45:51 EDT 2003

Heel low:

Thoughts please on these chocolate lilacs...is this possible in purebred Jacobs
or is this an influence from the influx of other breeds (colored sheep as in
recessive black or brown versions maybe linking up with lilac??).  What other
breeds would do this to a Jacob line?  Personal experiences or theories very
welcome--posted privately or on the list!

I am asking because there is a chocolate lilac I am looking at purchasing who
has very dark facial and extremity coloring and provides lots of milk to her
lambs.

Doggone,

Tara
--