[Jacob-list] side note on nicotine

Jacobflock at aol.com Jacobflock at aol.com
Thu May 1 12:56:52 EDT 2003

In a message dated 4/30/2003 12:15:28 PM Central Standard Time,
nlgrose at yadtel.net writes:

> Please note that I was not seriously advocating use of tobacco for worming.
> Especially not nicotine sulfate which is easily absorbed through the skin.
> It is deadly and the industry spent many years finding chemicals that were
> less toxic to use. This is beside the fact that there are no guidelines for
> dosage.
>
> Neal Grose

There's an "old timer" (over 65 in my book) that used to work sheep in the
hill country in TX and they used to "worm" with chewing tobacco.  They would
watch for the "bad cases" and give the sheep a piece of the "chew" from their
mouth.  Fred Horak