[Jacob-list] side note on nicotine

CARL FOSBRINK carlfosbrink at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 09:43:55 EDT 2003

Kelly,   There was a product called Black Leaf 40, which has been taken off the market. It was pure nicotine and I used it on my chickens to keep the lice and mites off. I would take a small paint brush and apply a small amount to the feathers between the legs and it would keep the lice and mites off for months. It was great stuff, but you didn't want to breathe the fumes or touch it to the chickens bare skin.Carl Fosbrink

Kelley Rambo <Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu> wrote:jacob-list at jacobsheep.com writes:
> Nicotine is poisonous and there is no antidote.

Not being a homeopath quite yet, but having some knowledge of it, I do
believe that there would be a homeopathic remedy that would in essence
antidote the toxic effects of overdosing on the nicotine. Just an FYI.
One would need a qualified homeopath to tell them just which remedy it
would be, but I believe it's probably out there.

Tobacco juice is supposed to work well on external parasites in chickens,
too, I've heard.

Kelley