[Jacob-list] Wool for shipping-horns

Patty Berke honeybucket at attbi.com
Thu May 1 09:14:13 EDT 2003

I've always sent my wool to the mill packed as tight as I can get it into
boxes.  Have also packed a couple of plastic garbage bags tight and stuffed
them into the boxes if I have more than one color.  You CAN'T pack it too
tight--wool can compress without any negative consequences.  Sheared wool
for commercial processing gets packed into bales and can keep that way for
long times, I have heard.  Make sure you put a note inside the box detailing
what you are wanting done with the wool.  It is also good to send a sample
of what you would like the finished yarn to look like (if you are wanting
yarn!).  Some folks do use feed sacks, which they label and mail.
Patty