[Jacob-list] Old Guy Gone

Mary Ellen Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Fri Mar 21 20:55:01 EST 2003

Hi,

Just thought I would let you know that my old ram died Tuesday night.
He was an adult in 1992, which would have made him born between 1989 and
1991..likely 1990 or 91.  Anyway, that would make him quite old as Jacob
rams go.

He died with his girls around, and apparently at the end of suppertime
judging by his daily habits and where I found him.  It isn't often we
see rams get to this age.  He probably DID get to that age because he
was not difficult to handle and behaved himself around people.  He only
shoved me in the feeding frenzies once (a couple weeks ago), and even
that wasn't as nasty as the girls' shoves.  Noble will be missed.  He
was a good old guy.

Mary Ellen Hansson
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Jacob Sheep, Fiber, Spinning equipment,
Books, Patterns, Knitting/Crochet/Tatting