[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Penelope pcj at efn.org
Mon Jun 23 10:15:17 EDT 2003

At 19:34 6/22/2003, CATE De SHAZER wrote:
>They get a treat every night and often in the am - it is oats and molasses
>called cob - I think.   I fill a gallon jug with the cob and each sheep has
>his/her own dish and I split it among them.  They push and shove and the
>older ones get more but I make sure all get some.   I fed them that this
>morning and again a little while ago.   They get it every day.  That is
>probably why they thought the chicken food was for them.

Wow.  That sounds like a lot of wet cob!  We fed ours dry cob for quite a
while, but it was a big double handful of dry cob split between the six
sheep dishes. (For seven adults and four lambs).  (well, five lambs, but
one refuses to come in to the barn with her mother.)  Recently we've
switched to feeding dry peas, which the sheep seem to like, but which are
high protein, so they get even less.  And we always offer dry alfalfa with
molasses at feeding time, to supplement our scant grass and the hay.

Penelope Jacob pcj at efn.org
parent, doula, farmer, birth & breastfeeding activist.
***War doesn't decide who is right. Only who's left.***
Attachment parenting and planning to homeschool
a busy, spirited, nursing, opinionated toddler.