[Jacob-list] Ram advice

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Sat Feb 22 20:42:37 EST 2003

This is my first season breeding Jacob sheep. I have two rams, one has
beautiful dark and evenly spaced horns and a sticking face. After sheering I
found that he is quite freckled. He is also very friendly, which I try to
ignore and tell him to go on. The other ram is nicely marked and such a
gentleman but has horns very close to his head. We had to trim the inside of
one horn this past season. I do have several ewes with freckling and would
like to try to breed this out. I am considering starting over with a new ram.
What would your advice be for me on my existing rams? I know I need to move
on. Are they sellable or am I passing on negative traits? I want to do the
right thing. Your advice is most appreciated.
Thank you,
Cheryl
Rise "N" Shine Farm