[Jacob-list] lamb reciepe anyone???

LEWalla swalla2 at juno.com
Wed Dec 17 09:22:20 EST 2003

Lamb stew is very good.

I love chili, but it seems to be the type of dish that someone makes when the quality of meat isn't the best and they want to hide the flavor of the meat.

The casserole, suggested by Thom, sound very interesting for the fact that it is something different and it can be made earlier and taken to a party where it can be served without having to do extra preparation.

My wife has made meat balls in a light gravy using lamb, and this is very good too. This would be something that could be taken in a crock pot to a party. Served over rice or noodles.

I'm not sure this is something that can be prepared ahead of time to take to a party, but we have made some awesome stir fry with lamb. If it's lightly seasoned with salt, pepper, ginger, herbs, etc. with the added vegetables it can be very tasty.  Keep in mind that lamb cooked this way needs to be cut thin.

Good luck introducing a new meat to your friends. I will be the first to admit that lamb dose have a different flavor than other meats, but I like variety in my life.

You can also make a dish with lamb, serve it, then tell the people,"You just ate lamb", surprise!!!

Larry

-- Karen Sigler <karen at benjaminfarms.com> wrote:
    We are having a dinner thurs. night at work.  I have a pkg of lamb
stew meat... any really good ideas??  It needs to be impressive, because
everyone at work is starting to turn up their noses when they hear it is
lamb. Chili, stew, ??
Thanks Karen
Benjamin Farms,  Utah