[Jacob-list] lamb reciepe anyone???

Thomas Simmons creaganlios at prexar.com
Wed Dec 17 10:05:24 EST 2003

For Karen and anyone else interested.  fwiw, I really don't enjoy cooking,
but I love to eat ;-) and so can usually whip something tasty up with what's
on hand...

(This is modified from the Zucchini Skillet Supper in the "More With Less
Cookbook" by Doris Janzen Longacre. Serves 4-5)

Saute in small amt. of hot fat:
4 c. zucchini, thinly sliced (I used yellow squash; we were drowning in it
this year <g>)
1 onion, sliced

Add:
2 c. canned tomatoes w/juice (I used overripe garden tomatoes that were too
squishy for salads)
3/4 c. canned mushroom, drained (didn't have on hand, but sounds good!)
salt, pepper, oregano to taste (I used this, plus a good dose of fresh mint,
and I believe, rosemary)
cubes of cooked chicken, beef, ham, or browned ground beef (I used lamb
cubes I had slow-cooked awhile, so that it fell apart and was more like
shredded lamb)

Simmer 'til heated thru. Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan. [I,
instead, mixed with a pound of cooked macaroni (any style will do), put in
9x12 pan (I had doubled the recipe), topped with about 6-8 oz. of crumbled
feta, and baked at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour.  It *does* end up with a
broth of sorts which is good soaked up with bread, so you may wish to serve
in bowls...]

Regards,
Danielle
Thom's wife