[Jacob-list] Other social behaviors

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 10:42:01 EST 2003

I've also noticed a close "tie" between mothers and
daughters. My oldest Jacob ewe, Ditto, was with a
breeding flock. She was just reunited with her
daughter from last year, Tabitha. They sniffed noses -
Ditto made her "mother noise" and Tabitha responsed.
Next thing I knew, they were trotting off to a corner
of the pasture where Ditto proceeded to sniff and lick
Tabitha from neck to tail - kind of checking her out.
They are now inseparable - eat together, sleep
together, etc.  Will be interesting to see what
happens to their relationship when Ditto lambs in the
spring. Am so hoping she caught her fleece is SO soft.
I crossed her with a Border Leicester ram lamb whose
fleece is also incredible.

Joy

=====
Joy Thomas, Shepherd & Fiber Artist