[Jacob-list] re: social behavior

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Wed Dec 10 10:36:36 EST 2003

In terms of head butting, do you also have peacemakers?  I have a few that
will step in between the two head butting (wethers and ewes) and get them
to stop - at least they used to.  I'll have to see if they are still doing
that when I get them home.  The vet seems to have encouraged head butting
- I was amazed to see some of the littler rams with horns nearly 2" in
diameter broken off - that indicated to me a very hard hit or a poor diet,
which could also have been the case.

Anyhoo, I will be enjoying watching and participating in their social
behaviors more in a few days.  They are fun to watch.

Kelley